Monday, July 27, 2015

21 Day Fix


Twenty-Six.

I've gotta say, the last twenty-six years have been pretty great. I've lived experiences, traveled within the country and outside the country, I've done things I never thought I would. I'm old enough now to realize that in my adult-life, I've made those opportunities and those things happen.

Recently (actually since Easter), I've wanted to get on a health-kick. And by "wanted", I mean that I've talked about it a lot. I went to the gym once! It was Easter Sunday. It had been three months since I had gone for a run. When I moved back from California and lived with my parents, any time I needed space I would go for a run on the trail behind their house. Since moving into my own condo, that thought had gone out the window. 

Working out on Easter Sunday felt great! I felt motivated. I felt ready. I was excited. I was ready to make this a routine (or was I?). 

And then that very next day, a frog jumped on me and changed my pace. At least, I like blaming the frog. I mean, it was somewhat reasonable to blame the frog. I really did some damage to my toe and my foot, so I was in a walking boot for 4 weeks. But now I'm out of the boot. The first few weeks after being out of the boot, it was pretty much impossible to get my foot in a sneaker without tears being shed. But now that's different. I haven't even thought about my toe in a few weeks.

About two weeks ago, I just decided to make a change. I don't know how and I'm not sure why, but I ordered the 21 Day Fix Challenge from Beachbody. And then I ordered weights, resistance bands, a yoga mat. I got a blender for my Shakeology shakes, I ordered a new work-out outfit (I had to bribe myself somehow--I mean, once the clothes are on, I may as well work out, right?). 

I haven't yet been able to stock up on the necessary groceries--fresh produce, frozen berries for my shake, chicken, lean meat, etc. but I'm planning on doing so on Friday when I get paid. However, I felt ready to kick it into gear today, so I'm going to start with the first work out. So this will really become more like a 28 Day Fix, considering the food portion (just as important as the exercise) will technically begin next weekend/Monday. Can't hurt to get some work-outs in?

So this is my blog--detailing jumping into the work-out routine at 26, from a girl who really has never pushed herself to "work-out" all that frequently. Running is one thing--weights and all these crazy moves Beachbody likes to throw at you are another.

Here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment