Sunday, August 2, 2015

Count Down: To Tomorrow

Today was pretty basic. Sundaze. I stayed up talking with a friend until 3:30 in the morning (actually, I went to bed around 11, passed out, he woke me up around 12:30 and we spent the next three hours laughing and being stupid. So I was pretty sure I would sleep til noon today, but I had so much I wanted to get done that I knew I needed to force myself up by 10:00. 

I managed to get out of bed around 10:15. I went with Shakeology for breakfast (it's so easy and so filling, so that's probably how I'll do my daily Shakeology going forward).

Today (even though it meant cutting out the coffee), I decided to try a different recipe. This time I went with:

- 1 scoop Vanilla Shakeology
- 1/2 cup of vanilla, unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 a purple of frozen berries (I bought a massive bag of strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries--all mixed. $11 at Walmart and pretty sure it'll last me a solid month)
- 1 banana (I realize I probably overdid it on the fruit today, but I'm pretty obsessed with fruit, sooo...)
- a handful of ice

This. Was. Delicious. Holy cow. Screw the coffee latte thing I made yesterday! This was amazing. The only thing that bugged me were the seeds from the blackberries. I hate those in general when I eat blackberries, so I may be super picky and pick out the blackberries tomorrow. Other than that--DELICIOUS.

I did some laundry. For lunch, it was some turkey lunch meat, kale, cucumber and carrots. Ran some errands, finally (because somehow Mother Nature decided to COOL IT and stopped the rain. HALLELUJAH, I thought the world was ending and was starting to price out boats because I was pretty sure if it kept up, I would no longer be able to get to my car. On the upside, it seriously looks like a waterfront view off my patio...and I'm not even paying for waterfront!). 

So then I went to get my nails done (treat to myself and it stops me from gnawing on my fingernails). On the TV, I immediately recognize what's happening and almost do a double take. It's a Paid Programming Ad for 21 Day Fix!! It was...exciting? I don't know. I was almost proud? I wanted to tell the girl next to me, "I'm totally doing that." But I refrained. Usually I hate ads but it was cool to see all of the testimonies and the people who had met their goal weights off of this program.

Anywayz.

Dinner consisted of baked chicken, steamed veggies, and a little kale and salad dressing. It was pretty yummy. Chicken was a bit bland, but hey. Getting used to it. I also had a massive headache this afternoon. I can't tell if these are symptoms of sugar withdrawal or caffeine withdrawal or both. Probably both. I sucked it up (and took some ibuprofen) and pushed through it.

I decided to check out Beachbody-On-Demand since I have access to that now, too. I stumbled across Insanity. I was pretty terrified to try it, but kinda decided why not? and gave it a go. Sooo, it was intense. It's still right around 30 minutes (33 minutes, to be exact). It really took a lot out of me. It was a lot like Total Body Cardio Fix, in my opinion.

My "official" 21 Day Fix Challenge starts tomorrow--I've just been getting a head-start. So tomorrow we go back to Total Body Cardio Fix and my quads are already crying.

But I can do it! No giving up. Not gonna happen. Oh! And frozen grapes are amazingly delicious for a nighttime snack. Seriously. Ice Cream Who? Frozen grapes, all the way. 

Pray for me tomorrow; more specifically, my quads.

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment