Monday, August 3, 2015

OFFICIAL: Round 1, Day 1: Here We Go

I hate Mondays. And today was a very stereotypical Monday.

Meal planning is hard. I made the mistake of not prepping last night and I overslept this morning, so there's that. I'm going to blame the apocalyptical storms that have been hangin' out over Florida for the last two weeks. This morning, it was pitch black at 7:15 when I managed to pull my phone off the nightstand and leapt out of bed. My goal was to make it to work alive. Considering they shut down multiple bridges and roads were starting to close, my 40 minute (max) commute turned into an hour.

I realize these are all excuses. Lesson=learned. Meal prepping is clearly the answer. 

So this is what I count as the beginning of my 21 Day Fix. One of the girls at work is starting hers this week (I'm pretty sure, anyway) and I have my full grocery list purchased. 

I can't hold in my excitement anymore--I did the entire work out today with zero "additional" breaks (aka me pausing the DVD player while my breathing catches up with the rest of me). NONE. Zip. I'm not saying it still wasn't ridiculously hard. I'm also not saying that my quads are thrilled with me. 

Along with my quads, my butt hates me, my shoulders hate me, my abs are still twitching and my hamstrings are like, "Whoa, hey there. Didn't realize we could move like this..."

Seriously. The best work out I've done so far (though I feel like I keep saying that?). It may just be thirty minutes but Jeez-Freakin'-Louise. This thing is no joke. Autumn does not play.

I kept up. I didn't modify nearly as much as I did last week. I pushed myself harder on all of the work outs, but specifically the Knee Pulls.

[Okay, side note: I just got up to switch the laundry from the washer to the dryer and it took me a solid 60 seconds to get into a standing position. Ouch. I have no shame. Quads, you'll thank me later.]

Anyway. Knee Pulls. So Autumn mentions focusing on your quads, your hamstrings, your butt and your abs on this one. I think the last time I did this, by this point my quads were screaming and so I didn't really put the "umph" into it? But this time was different. And so I gave it my all. I mean, now my butt and my abs think I'm a jerk, but it's cool. Tough love, kids.

Bottom line: I feel so ready to take on this challenge. I'm hurtin', don't get me wrong. But it's a good kind of hurt. It's the kind of hurt that makes me want to keep going. I've already broken out the muscles, might as well keep toning. 

I was super bummed I missed my window to make my Shakeology this morning, but I kinda forgot from last week when Autumn reminds us that after a work-out like this, Shakeology is probably a good idea. So bam. I did strawberries, blueberries & raspberries (totally picked out the blackberries from yesterday--their seeds are just too much), a little bit of almond milk, some water (I did half and half this time), 1 scoop vanilla Shakeology and half a banana.

And frozen grapes for later!

Things you should take away from this entry: don't move to Florida unless you enjoy apocalyptic weather; it doesn't get easier--you get stronger; life's too short--be healthy; your quads (and other body parts) will hate you for a few days, but they'll love you in the long run!

This is it, kids. I see my life changing in a big way. Color me stoked. This Monday may have started  off kinda shaky, but the sun is out and life is good and it couldn't feel any less like a Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment